Monday, November 9, 2009

PR Industry Standards in Sweden

At first I must apologize that I didn´t post anything on Friday as I should have. I had my best friends wedding on Saturday and I was her BestGirl. But now I´m back on track.

Using Google I found the Association of Public Relations Consultancies in Sweden (PRECIS). In their website www.precis.se (> In English > industry standards) they determine the standards that PR consultants in Sweden use in their work.

They manage following topis:

1. The PR consultancy sector
2. The PR consultancy secter and society
3. Confidentiality
4. Methods and remuneration
5. Conflicts of interest between assignments
6. The consultative role
7. Refusing and terminating assignments

You can find many interesting points in these standards. Escpecially topics 2 and 4 cover the idea and grounds of PR in Sweden (and in other Scandinavian countries too, in my opinion). In these standards they write about write about open and democratic society where everyone has the right to express their opinion. They also go over different ways of control the field of PR; there are both legal and voluntary regulations in PR in Sweden.

- Henna

No comments:

Post a Comment